There is no easy way to get word out to all of my regular customers so I just have to try to put the information out in as many ways as I can.
As of today (July 14, 2011) I am not taking any new work until at least September 1, 2011. I am rather unexpectedly facing surgery in mid August and I am going to be putting in some long hours between now and then to get done the work that I already have.
If all goes smoothly with the surgery I will have a 1-2 week recovery period which would bring me to Sept. 1. Of course, there are no promises when it comes to surgery and I may also be facing additional treatments after surgery. I won't know about any additional treatments until after the surgery is completed.
For the foreseeable future our hours in the shop are going to be erratic to say the least. Vicky will be in as she can, but she has always been part time in order to work around her sons school and activities. Vicky also does not do fittings for bridal or custom work, nor does she actually work on formalwear. She will be available to continue doing her regular work which is general alterations - pants hems, zippers, repairs etc.
Vicky and I will both be on vacation July 18-22.
So I will keep you posted as thing develop and hopefully shop operations will return to some kind of normal after Labor Day! For now call ahead and make an appointment for all pick-ups and drop offs. If we are not there please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we possibly can.
P.S.
We are also in the process of putting in new flooring through out the shop so please forgive the mess! We may be closed a day or two over the next few weeks to get that project completed.
No comments:
Post a Comment