After nearly 10 of the most challenging and exciting years of my working career I am taking a break. I am NOT closing the Purple Pincushion but I am drastically reducing my work load in order to devote my time and attention to my precious daughter.
My original intent when I opened the business was that my work would allow me to be flexible with the needs of my family. I had no idea, at the time, that there would be such a demand for my work. Until recently, work was the only thing I needed to worry about so I never needed to utilize the flexibility that I had originally intended.
Then came Lily-an. Our very special and long awaited daughter. Many of you know of the long wait we endured to bring her into our lives through adoption. Lily is now 3 1/2 years old and the light of our lives.
We have recently discovered that Lily has a rare, severe form of epilepsy. It is treatable, but will require intense treatment and therapy for the foreseeable future.
Lily is now my full time job and the Purple Pincushion needs to be a part time, work when I can position for now. So what does this mean for you, my customer?
- Very, very limited bridal alterations/custom work.
- No last minute rush jobs.
- No open shop hours for the Purple Pincushion - appointments only.
- Waiting list. I am already booked up several months out.
- Just because you want me to do your work doesn't mean I will. Lily comes first.
Still not sure how this may effect your alterations or custom sewing needs? Please just call us and ask. If I am not in the shop - which I am not much of the time now - Vicky can take a message for me if she is there or leave a message on the machine and one of us will call you back as soon as we can. Vicky's family is also a foremost priority for her so please be understanding of our scheduling needs.
We love our customers and we will continue to do our very best to meet your needs with the time we have available for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment